Available Wildlife Photography Workshop Dates
Remaining 2016 Schedule: Sept 30-Oct 01 Oct 21-22
To register please contact us at 928.567.2842, or email your questions to email@example.com.
Join accomplished photographer Kathleen Reeder in an unparalleled wildlife photography workshop that will appeal to amateur photographers of all levels as you explore the wilder side of photography at Out of Africa Wildlife Park. This private workshop offers many unique and exciting features:
- An informative and engaging presentation that covers wildlife photography tips, recommended gear, and an illustrative slideshow of photos taken at Out of Africa Wildlife Park to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting at the park.
- An exclusive opportunity to photograph the animals in first light before the park opens to the public.
- Hands-on assistance in photographing wildlife in a variety of settings, including outdoor habitats, open ranges and even enclosed habitats with artificial lighting.
- A dedicated trolley and personal driver/guide to provide transportation throughout the park, narratives of the habitats, and security of your camera equipment.
- A dedicated Unimog all-terrain vehicle for your Serengeti free-roaming African animal segment of your experience.
- Treats to encourage the animals to pose and perform natural behaviors in their habitats that make best use of the light of the day.
- Unobstructed views to photograph the famed Tiger Splash™ show through fence cut-outs not available to the public.
- Class size limited to 12 participants, so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen throughout the workshop to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
Previous photography workshop participants have graciously shared these images from their experience.
The workshop begins Friday evening with Kathleen presenting the basics of capturing extraordinary animal portrait and behavior photos and tips for processing your strongest images. Topics include what to have in your camera bag, choosing the right camera exposure mode, composition suggestions, focus considerations, importance of depth of field, when to use electronic flash, and software tools for post processing. Adjusting shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation, and understanding your histograms will all be touched on as part of the lecture. The evening will end with Kathleen sharing photographs taken during her visits to the Park to illustrate her tips, inspire your creativity, and prepare you for getting the most from your photography field experience on Saturday.
Workshop participants are required to have a digital SLR camera or equivalent, and a telephoto lens with a focal range of approximately 70-300mm or longer. Other required equipment includes plenty of memory card capacity (recommend 16-32 GB), an extra camera battery and your camera manual. Electronic flash is optional but may be helpful in some lighting situations at the park. Bring your camera, lens, camera manual, and a notebook to the Friday evening session.
If staying overnight, reserve your hotel room by calling Comfort Inn at 928.567.9000. Please note that rooms are not included in the photography workshop price. However, we have negotiated reduced rates at the Comfort Inn to make your overnight stay as reasonable as possible. You are not required to stay at the Comfort Inn, Camp Verde, but please be aware that the Friday evening classroom portion of your workshop is conducted there.
Once your photo workshop reservation is made, we highly recommend you reserve your room early before rooms are sold out. Mention Out of Africa Wildlife Photography Workshop when making your reservation to receive the negotiated rate. Rooms must be booked a minimum of 7 days in advance to guarantee availability.
$249 + tax (for annual park members)
$279 + tax (for non-members)
You may purchase an Annual Membership at time of registration in order to take advantage of the member price. Receive a 10% discount on the 2nd workshop if purchased within a year of your initial workshop.
Loyalty Reward Program
$219 + tax (for annual park members)
$249 + tax (for non-members)
Save $30 off your second class, as long as it occurs within a year of your first class.
Limited to 12. Bookings occur on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is strongly encouraged as classes sell out quickly.
6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Classroom Instruction
Location: Comfort Inn – Conference Room
340 Goswick Way
Camp Verde, AZ 86322
6:30 a.m.* – 11:30 a.m. Habitats & Serengeti Preserve
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch (Included)
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Tiger Splash™ show
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Wrap Up
2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Feel free to enjoy the rest of the day at the park.
Location: Out of Africa Wildlife Park Entrance
3505 State Route 260, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
* Saturday start times are adjusted to specific time of sunrise on the date of your workshop.
No refunds will be issued within 2 weeks of the workshop. There are no exceptions to this policy, even for medical emergencies. We encourage participants to purchase refundable airline tickets and trip cancellation insurance. We recommend Travelex (www.travelexinsurance.com), though there are a number of fine companies that provide this service. InsureMyTrip.com lets you compare trip insurance quotes from a variety of agencies.
Should Out of Africa cancel a scheduled workshop, you will have the choice of receiving a full refund or of transferring to another workshop that has space available. We are not, however, liable for expenses incurred such as airfare or accommodations, and for this reason also recommend the purchase of trip insurance.