Hang out with Bart, our two-toed sloth!
This wild encounter is a must-do while visiting Out of Africa Wildlife Park. Go inside the sloth enclosure and have an up-close and personal encounter with one of the most fascinating and adorable creatures of all time—the two-toed sloth. We might be a little partial, but we think Bart is the cutest one of them all!
Ever wonder what a sloth’s hair feels like? Or what they eat? With this adventure you’ll get to touch and feed Bart, while learning interesting facts about the two-toed sloth, like their behavior, diet, conservation efforts and more. You’ll find out just how crazy Bart is for his favorite food—tofu! Feel free to take as many pictures and selfies with Bart as you like. It doesn’t get any closer than this!
And, as an added bonus, you’ll get to meet Bart’s habitat-mate, Wilbur, the charming prehensile-tailed porcupine. Cute and captivating, you won’t be able to wipe that smiling grin off your face after a rendezvous with these two.
Attendees of all ages welcome! Children 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult. Group size limited to 7 people. Each encounter lasts approximately 15 minutes.
Book your encounter in advance: Walk-ups are possible, but daily encounters are limited. Therefore, we recommend booking your encounter online to reserve your spot. Daily times include:
- 10:20 AM
- 10:40 AM
- 11:00 AM* (except Mondays)
- 3:00 PM
- 3:20 PM
- 3:40 PM
Additional time slots available for a limited time – March 11 through March 25 only:
- 11:20 AM
- 11:40 AM
- 2:20 PM
- 2:40 PM
A great cause!
The funds raised from your sloth encounter also go toward finding Bart a suitable wife. You can learn more about Bart here.
Cost: $75 minimum for first three guests, then $15 for each additional. Maximum 7 people.
Need to know:
- The Sloth Encounter does not include admission to the park.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled encounter to allow time for transportation within the park.
- We never require our animal residents to do anything they would not otherwise do in their natural environment. All encounters are dependent on animal behavior.
- The animals must be respected in their sanctuary. We reserve the right to end the encounter at any time for disruptive behavior.
- The park reserves the right to reschedule the experience due to weather.
- Close-toed shoes are recommended.
If you have questions, please feel free to give us a call at 928.567.2840.